Friday, October 8, 2010
Sunday, September 26, 2010
1. Rights and duties for all- Clearly stated and understood rights and duties for all (individuals, government, co-operatives, business and trade unions) will create new social cohesion and give everyone a chance to participate in, contribute to and benefit society.
2. Full employment- America cannot afford to exclude people from the work- place. We must harness everyone’s talents and skills. Meaningful jobs amd jobs with justice. will be the norm. That is the road to prosperity and to a fairer society.
3. Investing in people Investing in people – through education, training and progressive social policies, is essential if America is to maintain its prosperity. To move from the old job to the new job, America must invest in constantly developing the skills and knowledge of its people.
4. Inclusive societies – nobody left behind Everybody counts! Ending Capitalism as the norm, introducing better health care, universal income, livable, sustainable society. A Living Wage and Income, Affordable housing.
5. Universal child care Good quality, affordable and accessible child care is a necessity for the 21st century family. It gives children the best possible start to their education, frees parents to enter paid employment, creates jobs, and integrates families into the community. If a parent chooses, they may live with a Universal Income
6. Equal rights for all, Inequality between classes is still unacceptably strong. New policies to change inequality – in work, family and public life – will bring social justice and economic benefits. In a neww Social America There are those who argue that America or Europe can no longer afford its welfare states due to the unrelenting pressure of globalization – that nations should compete to set the lowest rates of taxation and have the fewest workers rights. Europe’s socialists and social democrats know there is a better way. America will not be reduced to a competition between states – we stake our claim to a NEW Social America. Our task is to renew and strengthen our welfare states. This is not to preserve them as they are but to reform them with new rights and privileges. and a new deal between people and government.
7. -The rich and privileged should not be the ones to have an education. Education should be free for all. From ages 16-21 youth should have ½ universal income
8. The elimination of Poverty shall be done trough the Universal Income Ands urban renewal. Real estate due to need not investment. The end of slums, and rural poverty and enriching the lives of all.
9. Improving the quality of life for all and making a society that is peaceful, non racist, ecological, and enlightening.
10. Create a Human rights office and social justice office. This office will be a law enforcement adamancy for labor, social justice, rights of human and animals. A public Advocate to challenge government and have presentation. The Tea Party and Conservatives will really hate this but lighter and enlightened minds shall prevail.
Saturday, September 11, 2010
Super Size Me
ggle_protectAndRun("render_ads.js::google_render_ad", google_handleError, google_render_ad);
Ads by Googleoo
Concerned about GM foods?Organic Agriculture Prohibits GMO The Organic Valley Family of Farmswww.organicvalley.coop
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Here in the United States, violence-weary Americans have begun standing up to the once all-powerful gun lobbies. In Philadelphia PA there is a murder everyday.
America's arms export policy point to three problems
1. Connected gun merchants are above the law. 2. Many foreign Nations
Aren’t subject to us regulations. 3. Secret Government are complicit in international gun merchandising.
Even a single American-supplied weapon can change an entire contry's history. Luis Donaldo Colosio, the 44-year-old heir-apparent to the Mexican presidency, was killed in March by two bullets fired from a .38-caliber Taurus. The gun was originally purchased in 1977 by a security firm executive in San Francisco and had crossed the Mexican border some time later without a trace, say authorities from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (BATF).
After the end of the Cold War, the Soviet Union collapsed. Tens of thousands of ex-Soviet soldiers were put out of work. Much of Eastern Europe was the same. In Africa, the lack of superpower support meant that the traditional militaries collapsed. And societies were beginning to fragment into numerous rebel groups ( National Liberation Front, Democratic Liberation, ETC) and there was a great demand for military arms. Many of the former Soviet citizens became arms dealers. The situation went from a situation traditionally emphasized heavy arms to one which emphasized small arms -- what the soldier could carry. These would have been AK-47s, rocket-propelled grenade launchers, mortars, that sort of thing. They were cheap, they were durable, and they could be concealed and easily transported. And I think the fact [is] that the West kept track of the state-to-state arms transfers, but what made this a particularly difficult problem after the end of the Cold War was there was no tracking of small arms.
And it had a major impact on Africa -- very devastating. I guess 7 to 8 million people had been killed by the turn of the century . There were millions of refugees and internally displaced [people]. Also, numerous people maimed or otherwise brutalized. Whole areas of Africa just ravaged. I think perhaps Sierra Leone, Liberia, and eastern Congo are the most terrifying examples.
The flow of arms into Africa is a worldwide phenomenon. Arms dealers use banks throughout the world. Transportation companies throughout the world, whether it be sea or airplane. Deals are made in one country for arms purchased in other countries. A lot of arms flowed out of the former Soviet republics. But there were also arms coming from European countries as well, and Asian countries. It was a bonanza. And it was unregulated.
The impact on Africa, if you could look at several different sectors of society. The Karamojong people living in eastern Africa, it's a pastoral group, traditional warriors. Suddenly, they're armed with AK-47s. It turned their society into chaos. In eastern Congo, where you had an invasion by the Ugandans and Rwandans and various rebel groups active in the area, it just devastated the entire portion of that country. I can remember speaking with some people who lived there. They said, "There's nothing here. There's no roads. There's no police force. There's no schools. There's no medical services. There's nothing. You're on your own." And that is the most egregious example. And then you have rising crime rates in places like Nairobi or Johannesburg, in part fueled by the easy availability of illegal arms.
Children and millions around, not just Africa, the world are being sensely murder and are victims of international weapons trade.
The Revolutionary United front (RUF) in Sierra Leone armed up to 23,000 child soldiers with illegally acquired arms. These children were mostly used to raid villages and guard diamond mines. They were drugged, raped and forced to commit such atrocities as killing their own parents Many Children are dismember and hacked or shot to death.
The illegal arms trade makes the armed seizure of natural resources possible.
Small arms can be traded directly for natural resources such as oil, diamonds, and timber or for the profits generated by the sale of those natural resources.
This is like a cancer.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Myths About Socialism http://www.commondreams.org/view/2010/04/10
A Case for Socialism in the Twenty First Century-Jason Schulman http://web.gc.cuny.edu/advocate/FEB05ISSUE/html/caseforsocialism.htm
There are lies myths and slanders against socialism, like Socialism is about bureaucracy, bigger government, more taxes. This is just about providing Socialism to the people and not millionaires.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Monday, July 19, 2010
It is a Economic and Political system based in fairness and equity. It advocate Public Ownership as in Municipal and State Governments by the people. It forms a radical democracy placing peoples lives in their own hands through democratically controlled institutions, such as banks, utility, businesses, and co-operatives. Democratic Socialism is synonymous with Democracy.
What does a Democratic Socialist Party do?
It brings social and economic justice into our lives. It combats poverty, worker exploitation. It also improves the quality of life in society fostering a better world too live through social programs and public initiatives which improves the quality of life. These include Sustainable and livable communities, Public enterprise, alternative energies, green planning. It denies corporate welfare, socialism for the rich, rich people perks and abatement.
Is a Socialist Party a multi tendency Party?
Yes, but that doesn’t mean we accept Trotskyites and Communists. And we can work with Democrats, Greens, and other Socialist who are on this same page. We will not compromise our fight against Capitalism and we have visions and ideas that come from us and others who’s ideas are sound and for the people.
Te American Labor Party is in Favor of The Socialist International!
We agree that the Socialist International membership has had massive failures. But they have also had massive successes. Like free education, free health care, improving the quality of life. Workers rights and other programs. Amongst the Happiest Countries in the world the top 7 all have had Socialist and Labor Parties. We would like to change the third way and neo-liberal values. We believe we can be an asset.
Why a Labor Party?
Because Labor is how we survive. We have a multitude of issues to fight for, but first and foremost, We are about Labor and Anti Poverty. Once we solve those issues our new Revolution can be successful. We are no Different from our USA forefathers in a fight for Freedom and Democracy. Even George Washing ton thought we should have a Revolution every 200 years to rebuild our Democracy and fight off Imperialistic governments.
What will we do?
We will fight for the freedom and liberty of people who agree with us and some who do not. We believe people should freedom in their lives and electorate, and the USA should be a true Democracy in every sense of the word. We believe in a Social Democracy, economic democracy, and human rights, and a better world.